REQUISITIONS AND PURCHASE ORDERS
1. Requisitions are entered by the person requesting the purchase. Enter requisition and submit for approval.
2. Requisition is approved from your building by your administrator and department head, if applicable.
3. If your purchase is computer related, you must include whose computer the purchase is for. The requisition will also be approved by the Technology Manager. This will automatically be sent when you use the code that identifies computer supply. In order to satisfy bid laws, requisitions to purchase computers or computer equipment must include a contract number. In the instances of purchasing refurbished parts, the main description line of the requisition needs to state "Refurbished Parts" to signify that no contract number will be needed.
4. Purchasing department at the District office will approve the requisition after the above approvals have been made. Requisitions are approved once a day by 4pm.
5. The final approval is made the following day by 8:30 am.
6. Purchase orders will be printed and issued that morning, in time to be distributed in the District mail. If you require that the purchase order be mailed or faxed, those instruction must be indicated when you enter the requisition, in the narrative notes. Purchase orders required to be mailed or faxed will be promptly done from the District office, and the copy sent to the building secretary or bookkeeper will be stamped and dated as proof. A copy should then be given to the person who requested the purchase order in a timely manner, so they can confirm the status, or place their order.
If you have any questions, please call Chelsea at 769-6190 or Ext. 5343.